To celebrate World Rotaract Week (WRW) this year, Rotaract Australia are running a WRW PR Competition!
World Rotaract Week, which occurs each year during the week of 13 March, celebrates the founding of the first Rotaract Club in 1968. This event is a great opportunity to inform your community about the amazing work that Rotaract clubs do, and give them an opportunity to get involved. It’s also a time to reach out to Rotaract and Rotary clubs from all over the world.
The WRW PR Competition encourages clubs to promote WRW in innovative and engaging ways during this week of global celebrations. The idea of the competition is to explore different ways to engage the local community and promote Rotaract. This can lead to greater interest for membership and sponsorship. Plus, your club can win prizes and national recognition!
- During WRW: Send us a copy or link to the published article(s) / promotion(s). Very important if your promotion method involves social media, as we can share your stories.
- After WRW: Submit a brief statement of how the campaign has benefited the club (membership inquiries, leads for fundraising support, strengthened ties with media for future campaigns)
A panel of judges will assess how each entrant has engaged the target audience and look for specific content that is included. Each entrant will receive a merit rating and prizes will be awarded to the top entrants.
- the aims of Rotaract
- how your club serves the community
- personal and professional development within Rotaract
- your involvement with Rotary, especially your local club(s)
- a Rotaract or Rotary logo (e.g., shirts, club banners)
- Efficiency in club marketing
- Appropriateness of marketing and Rotaract standards
- Positive impacts of the campaign
Entries will close at the end of March. For more information or ideas, contact email@example.com.