Nominations for the Rotaract Australia Executive Board will be open from 19 April 2021 to 14 May 2021. For details about the general expectations of the Rotaract Australia Executive 2021-22 visit: Join the Executive
- Must be a member in good standing of a Rotaract Club within a Member District of Rotaract Australia.
- Should have served a full term as District Rotaract Representative, however, in the event that no PDRRs are nominated, any Rotaractor of good standing within a Member District is eligible to stand for election to the Executive; but only if no PDRRs are nominated for election.
- In the absence of a qualified past DRR, the Council may authorise a suitably competent Past Officer of a Rotaract Club to be eligible for election. The Council shall interview or otherwise seek additional information regarding the candidate’s suitability.
Duties as per the Rotaract Australia Constitution
(Please note, the Constitution is currently under review and as such this may be subject to change)
The Secretary has the duty to record and distribute the minutes of the Council and the Executive meetings and assist the Council and Executive in the correspondence with DRRs. The Secretary shall collect and maintain an up to date register of members containing contact details of the Council, Executive.
Responsibilities as per the Rotaract Australia Bylaws
(Please note, the Bylaws are currently under review and as such this may be subject to change)
The officers of the Executive shall remain in office from July 1 to June 30 or until their successors have taken office, unless the officer has been removed, in which case the office shall remain vacant until the office is filled. The Secretary shall undertake the roles usually required of a Public Officer, unless the Council by resolution appoints a separate Public Officer.
The Secretary shall abide by the following timeframes, as a minimum, in addition to those provided in the constitution:
- Two weeks prior to meeting a meeting time, date and location, or method, shall be advised and Council and Executive members shall be invited to submit items for the agenda.
- One week prior to meeting the agenda will be distributed to the Council and/or Executive.
- Two weeks after meeting minutes will be distributed to the Council and Executive.
- Support the implementation of the Rotaract Australia Interim Strategy 2021-22
- To organise meetings of the Rotaract Australia Executive, the Rotaract Australia Council and the quarterly organisation-wide meeting
- To maintain a database of meeting attendance and inform members of their responsibilities regarding attendance, apologies and written reports
- To maintain accurate minutes of meetings, with particular care taken to record information regarding decisions reached by the Executive or Council and any financial decisions made
- To uploaded minutes and key documents into the Executive and Council Google Drives
- Manage and support internal communications for Rotaract Australia, including supporting communications with DRRs, DGs, Rotaract Chairs and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Support the Chair of Rotaract Australia to manage the cloud-based task allocation system (eg. Asana) by adding in action items from meeting minutes etc
- Manage the administration of the Rotaract Australia G-Suite (this may involve leadership of other volunteers to support the IT operations of RA Australia)
- Oversight of all relevant IT systems for RA including maintenance of a list of clubs/districts using RA website hosting. (this may involve leadership of other volunteers to support the IT operations of RA Australia)
- To check and respond, or pass onto the relevant party as necessary, emails arising from the firstname.lastname@example.org email, and enquiries raised through the Rotaract Australia website
- Maintain a database of contact details for DRRs, Executive and other volunteers within the Rotaract Australia framework
- Act as liaison with other MDIO secretaries
On 17 April 2021 the Council of DRRs endorsed the Rotaract Australia interim Strategy 2021-22. In brief, the Strategy will see Rotaract Australia spend 2021-22 creating a long-term strategy with a large group of passionate and resourceful people who share the belief that RA has untapped potential and could add significantly more value to our members.
This will be done by working alongside a large team of more than 20 skilled Rotaractors, which should reduce the pressure and expectations on individuals, while also allowing the team to run the day-to-day operations AND create a long-term strategic plan.
This Interim Strategy changes the structure of the RA organisation by including a non-executive stream of volunteers, side by side with the executive board. The Council of DRRs will remain the same (see diagram below for proposed structure for 2021-22). In addition, the creation of a Rotary Advisory Group is proposed for an initial one year term.
As such, the roles and responsibilities of any executive elected for 2021-22 is subject to change based on the recommendations and strategic intentions developed throughout the year. Any person elected into these roles will have oversight and significant consultation ahead of the formalisation of any changes to the scope of their role.
Applications for Executive Roles are being taken via Google Form