What is Rotaract?
Rotaract is a global organisation that empowers students and young professionals to create positive and lasting change in themselves, their local community and around the world.
Rotaractors help, learn, and enjoy. We help those in need, learn through professional development opportunities, and enjoy social activities.
Rotaract (which stands for Rotary in Action) is a Rotary-partnered service club for young people aged 18 to 30ish. Sponsored by Rotary International, Rotaract Clubs across Australia are part of a worldwide organisation of 250,792 individuals in 10,904 clubs covering 184 countries.
Rotaract Members share a unique passion for taking action through not only ideas but planning and execution of projects and events. Where others see problems, we see solutions.
Our Goals are to:
- Develop professional and leadership skills of our members.
- Emphasise respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- Recognise the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve.
- Recognise, practice and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems and opportunities in the local and international community.
- Provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill to all people.