Nominations for the Rotaract Australia Executive Board for 2022-2023 are open from 1 February to 1 March 2022.
- Must be a member in good standing of a Rotaract Club within a Member District of Rotaract Australia.
- Must have served, or be currently serving, a term as District Rotaract Representative in a District. Should the term as DRR have not been completed they shall not be eligible to take on the position of Chairperson in the following year.
Duties as per the Rotaract Australia Constitution
The Vice Chairperson has a supporting role to the Chairperson and represents the Chairperson when he or she is unavailable. The Vice Chairperson shall also serve as the Chairperson Elect, becoming Chairperson in the year following.
The Chairperson represents the Organisation with respect to all other organisations and within the Rotary/Rotaract organisation. The Chairperson shall actively encourage any Districts in the Area that are not members to join the Organisation. It is the responsibility of the Chairperson to work closely with the Council and the Executive over the year to attain the goals that have been set by the Council. A key part of the role is to provide support and advice to Rotaractors and Rotarians about Rotaract. The Chairperson is the sole official spokesperson for the organisation unless he or she delegates this to another member of the Executive for a specific purpose. The Chairperson presides over all meetings of the Council and the Executive; if the Chairperson is unavailable the Vice Chairperson acts on behalf of the Chairperson.
Responsibilities as per the Rotaract Australia Bylaws
The officers of the Executive shall remain in office from July 1 to June 30 or until their successors have taken office, unless the officer has been removed, in which case the office shall remain vacant until the office is filled.
The Vice Chairperson shall assist the Chairperson with his/her roles and responsibilities, and in the event of a vacancy of the office of the Chairperson, the Vice Chairperson shall serve as acting Chairperson until an election is held.
The Vice Chairperson shall be responsible for supporting the coordination of the national conference for the following year in consultation and approval of the Executive, as well as the coordinating of training for incoming Rotaract leaders provided by the Organisation.
- Support the implementation of all Rotaract Australia strategies and activities.
- Support the Chair and RA Team as needed
- Plan for leading the Executive in 2023-2024
- Oversee DRR training with guidance from Chair, IP Chair and Rotary representative.
- Act as a representative of the MDIO when the Chair is unavailable
- Ensure RA administration is up to date (ASIC, bank signatories, AGM)
- Become director with ASIC
- Become signatory on bank accounts
- Support Chair and RA organisation to assist clubs with insurance and governance queries
- Support Chair and RA organisation to provide support to clubs re: incorporation, constitution and by-laws
- To aid in the growth of Rotaract in Australia
- Administrator of RA associated social media pages
- Assist with writing the RA Annual Report