Nominations for the Rotaract Australia Executive Board will be open from 19 April 2021 to 14 May 2021. For details about the general expectations of the Rotaract Australia Executive 2021-22 visit: Join the Executive
Communications Director Prerequisites
- Must be a member in good standing of a Rotaract Club within a Member District of Rotaract Australia.
- Should have served a full term as District Rotaract Representative, however, in the event that no PDRRs are nominated, any Rotaractor of good standing within a Member District is eligible to stand for election to the Executive; but only if no PDRRs are nominated for election.
- In the absence of a qualified past DRR, the Council may authorise a suitably competent Past Officer of a Rotaract Club to be eligible for election. The Council shall interview or otherwise seek additional information regarding the candidate’s suitability.
Duties as per the Rotaract Australia Constitution
(Please note, the Constitution is currently under review and as such this may be subject to change)
The Communications director is responsible for the internal and external marketing of RA.
Responsibilities as per the Rotaract Australia Bylaws
(Please note, the Bylaws are currently under review and as such this may be subject to change)
The PR and Marketing director is responsible for the creation of a quarterly newsletter of the activities of RA and its members, upkeep of the website, and marketing of the organisation in all relevant media
The PR and Marketing director shall act as Chairperson of the Rotaract|IT and Marketing committees and shall report back to the Executive on all activities of these committees.
- Support the implementation of the Rotaract Australia Interim Strategy 2021-22.
- Oversight of the Chats by Rotaract Australia Podcast (with significant support from the existing hosts and existing editors, who will remain in those positions but allowing for the potential to expand the pool of hosts and editors)
- Oversight of content created for RA website (this may involve leadership of other volunteers to support the Communication operations of RA Australia)
- Oversight of content created and provided to RDU magazine
- Assist event committees with advertising RA events
- Oversight of administration, monitoring and content creation in relation to RA social media platforms (this may involve leadership of other volunteers to support the Communication operations of RA Australia)
- Create specific and sharable content related to RA’s goals, projects and events for all social media platforms and for the website
- Share highlights from Australian clubs to foster connectedness
- Ensure branding guidelines are followed across RA’s platforms
- Post regular, current and up to date resources from Rotary International
- Advise (when required) RA executive, DRR’s and Rotaract clubs in Australia on all communication matters
On 17 April 2021 the Council of DRRs endorsed the Rotaract Australia interim Strategy 2021-22. In brief, the Strategy will see Rotaract Australia spend 2021-22 creating a long-term strategy with a large group of passionate and resourceful people who share the belief that RA has untapped potential and could add significantly more value to our members.
This will be done by working alongside a large team of more than 20 skilled Rotaractors, which should reduce the pressure and expectations on individuals, while also allowing the team to run the day-to-day operations AND create a long-term strategic plan.
This Interim Strategy changes the structure of the RA organisation by including a non-executive stream of volunteers, side by side with the executive board. The Council of DRRs will remain the same (see diagram below for proposed structure for 2021-22). In addition, the creation of a Rotary Advisory Group is proposed for an initial one year term.
As such, the roles and responsibilities of any executive elected for 2021-22 is subject to change based on the recommendations and strategic intentions developed throughout the year. Any person elected into these roles will have oversight and significant consultation ahead of the formalisation of any changes to the scope of their role.
Applications for Executive Roles are being taken via Google Form