Rotaract is a global organisation that empowers students and young professionals to create positive change in their local communities and around the world. Rotaract provides unique opportunities that assist its members in becoming the business and professional leaders of tomorrow.
Sponsored by Rotary International, Rotaract Clubs across Australia are part of a worldwide organisation of 210,000 individuals in 9,100 clubs covering 170 countries.
Members engage in a wide range of activities including social, professional and community events. Are you a young person making a difference in your community? Come and join us at a club near you!
Rotaract Clubs are more than just community service groups. Each club is part of a global effort to bring peace and international understanding to the world. This effort starts at the community level, but it knows no limits in its outreach.
With more than 70 clubs spread across the country, Rotaractors in Australia excel in fundraising, social and professional development efforts. Consider becoming a Rotaractor to reap the benefits of connecting to one of the largest young leader networks in the world!
Rotaract is about HELP LEARN ENJOY. We help those in need, learn through professional development opportunities, and enjoy social activities.
Rotaract has six goals:
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Emphasise respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual
- Recognise the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve
- Recognise, practice and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems and opportunities in the community and worldwide
- Provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill to all people
Why join Rotaract?
Rotaract connects you to a network of business, professional, and community leaders to facilitate the development of your personal and professional skills. Clubs seek industry experts to share stories and guidance, invite motivational speakers to meetings, and regularly engage in workshops and training on personal growth areas including leadership and communication.
Through community and international service projects, Rotaractors help improve the lives of the people around them. The primary focus in on community service, from a couple of hours volunteering in your local area, to weeks building townships in third world countries. We support a range of organisations including Ronald McDonald House, the Cancer Council and Splash for Cash just to name a few.
Rotaract, suitable for 18 to 30 year olds, has a strong social aspect. Many clubs create awareness or fundraise through exciting social opportunities such as harbour cruises, sky diving or lawn bowls. Meetings are regularly held at the local pub or the unibar, making for a great environment to meet like minded people.
National and international Rotaract conferences allow you to:
- Share ideas and develop a global perspective
- Enhance your professional and leadership skills
- Network with young people from around the world
- Experience local customs
- Visit cultural attractions
- Meet other passionate young people united in their vision for a better world